Bird Names Generator
Are you searching for bird names? Then, you’ve come to the right spot – our bird names generator has hundreds of names to explore!
Simply choose a gender and click generate!
Want to save your favorites?
Just click the star to save the name to your list up in the right-hand corner.
Click above to generate some names
More Bird Name Ideas
Want to check out some of our favorite bird name ideas? We have 285+ awesome names to explore!
Birds are unlike any other pets out there and deserve a name that lives up to their greatness.
After all, birds check all the boxes of a perfect pet: They’re intelligent, social, loyal, and low maintenance.
Extremely intelligent, birds can perform tricks, play games and even say a few words occasionally. They also bond quickly with family members and housemates and crave time with you.
And last but certainly not least, birds are incredibly low maintenance compared to other animals. They easily integrate into your home, need just a tiny bit of space, and don’t require the exercise that other larger animals do.
But we don’t have to convince you that birds are amazing animals. You’re welcoming one into your home and need to find bird names!
And we can help with that. Read on for hundreds of cool names for your new feathered friend.
Top Bird Names
Let’s get started with the top bird names. These names have proven popular with bird enthusiasts and represent the most selected bird names right now.
Trendy, fun, and full of personality, the ideas below will inspire you and possibly lead to your perfect name.
It’s a mix of tried-and-true favorites and popular new names rising the ranks with bird parents.
Top Female Bird Names
Top Male Bird Names
Cute Bird Names
Let’s face it; birds are incredibly cute. Their sweet eyes, tiny beaks, round faces, and gorgeous feathers are hard to resist.
And don’t get us started on their plucky personalities!
A creature this cute certainly deserves a cute name, and you’re in luck because we have lots of adorable ideas to choose from.
These names are sweet, just like birds.
- Big Bird
Funny Bird Names
If you bring a bird into your home, you’re likely to laugh—a lot.
Birds are hilarious, entertaining little animals, especially if they can say a few words.
And ultimately, funny bird names could be just the right fit for your feathered friend.
They’re great if you’re looking for a name out of the ordinary that brings a smile to people’s faces.
We dare you not to laugh when reading these cheeky and funny bird names!
- Birdie Sanders
- Chandler Wing
- Chick Jagger
- Christopher Squawken
- Colin Fowl
- Courtney Dove
- Crowy Deschanel
- Dame Judi Finch
- Duck Norris
- Eddie Feather
- Edgar Allan Crow
- Egg Ryan
- Flamingo Starr
- Flight Schrute
- Free Bird
- Goose Springsteen
- Jimmy Talon
- Kanye Nest
- Lord of the Wings
- Macawly Culkin
- Marty McFly
- Meryl Cheep
- Parrot Hilton
- Polly Parton
- Pretty Bird
- Puff Daddy
- Roger Starling
- Stephen Squawking
- Wing Crosby
Cool Bird Names
Cool bird names are another great idea as you search for monikers for your new pet.
Sophisticated, stylish, and with a bit of an edge, these names stand out among the pack – or should we say flock?
As you continue to explore ideas, you should check out these cool bird names and see what you think.
Famous Bird Names
Birds are popular creatures in the animal kingdom, and humans have been fascinated with them for centuries.
With this in mind, it should be no surprise that birds are a popular staple in movies, TV shows, books, and even business. And that has given us many famous birds whose names could be perfect for a pet.
You could pick a favorite character or simply go with a name that sounds fun and fitting, whichever one works for you.
See if any of the famous birds below inspire you in your naming journey.
- Angry Bird – Game
- Beaky – Buzzard from Looney Tunes
- Becky – Finding Dory
- Big Bird – Sesame Street
- Birdie – McDonald’s
- Blu – Rio
- Captain Flint – Long John Silver’s parrot in Treasure Island
- Chilly Willy
- Chocobo – Final Fantasy
- Daffy – Duck from Looney Tunes
- Daisy – Donald Duck’s girlfriend
- Diablo – Sleeping Beauty
- Donald – Donald Duck
- Falco – Star Fox video game
- Fawkes – Harry Potter
- Flit – Pocahontas
- Gogo Dodo – Tiny Toon Adventures
- Gunther – Adventure Time
- Gus – Gus Goose from Donald Duck
- Heckle – Heckle & Jeckle
- Hedwig – Harry Potter
- Jeckle – Heckle & Jeckle
- Jewel – Rio
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull
- Jose – Jose Carioca, The Three Caballeros
- Kazooie – Banjo-Kazooie video game
- Kevin – Snipe from Up
- Iago – Aladdin
- Mockingjay – Hunger Games
- Mr Ping – Kung Fu Panda, Goose
- Nigel – Finding Nemo
- Opus – Doonsbury
- Orville – The Rescuers
- Pidgey – Pokemon
- Porg – Star Wars
- Road Runner – Nemesis to Wile E. Coyote
- Scuttle – Seagull from The Little Mermaid
- Sheldon – Garfield
- Skipper – Penguins of Madagascar
- Sonny – Cuckoo Bird from Cocoa Puffs
- Toucan Sam – Froot Loops mascot
- Tweety – Looney Tunes
- Twitter Bird – Mascot of Twitter
- Wilbur – Rescuers Down Under
- Woodstock – Peanuts
- Woody – Woody Woodpecker
- Zazu – The Lion King
We hope you found inspiration for picking the perfect name for your new bird.
If you’re looking for even more names you might also enjoy these generators:
When naming a pet, it’s always a good idea to write down any idea that piques your interest and then narrow it down from there.
These tips can help you quickly find the right option from your list of bird names.
How Do You Pick The Right Name?
Here’s an important question: how do you know if you’ve picked the right name for your bird?
These tips can help narrow down your search:
- Is it easy to say? Some names are great on paper but tough to pronounce in everyday life. Before you become set on a name, make sure it rolls off the tongue because after all, you’ll be saying it many times a day once the bird joins your family!
- Does it fit your bird? Check to see if the name matches your bird’s personality and appearance before committing to a name.
- Say it out loud. Can you imagine calling for your bird with this name? If not, then it’s not the right choice. Move on and select something more appropriate.
- And finally, trust your gut. Ask any new bird owner: when you find the right name, you’ll know it!