Snake Name Generator
Getting a snake? There’s nothing more important than giving your pet a cool, unique name. To help you out on your search for the perfect name we’ve assembled a list of 257+ awesome snake names!
Snakes are really amazing creatures, that come with a lot of history and mythology. They make a really unique and cool pet. Not to mention snakes have a ton of variety (something like 3,600 species).
We’ve pulled together a ton of great snake names for your inspiration to perfectly fit your unique creature!
Click above to generate some names
Top Snake Names
To start off we’ve listed some of the most popular snake names. These names are a great starting place for seeing some common name ideas that have a wide range of style.
Some of these names are classics, while others are less traditional. We’ve sorted these by female & male names, but many work no matter what gender you’re looking for.
Top Female Snake Names
Top Male Snake Names
Cute Snake Names
Most people might not immediately think ‘cute’ when they’re talking about a snake, but that doesn’t mean that a cute name won’t fit them.
In fact there’s something kind of cool about giving such a powerful creature a cute sounding name.
Even if you’re not sure about the cute category for your snake, take a look through these names. They range from overly cute, to just having a nice sounding ring to them.
Funny Snake Names
Want to have some fun? There’s no better way than a funny snake name!
We’ve pulled together a bunch of funny & punny names that are perfect for a snake. These are sure to get a smile or a chuckle out of anyone you tell them to.
Do you have any other ideas for funny names? Let us know in the comments.
- Danger Noodle
- David Hisslehoff
- Ebenezer Squeezer
- Fangis Khan
- Henry Hissinger
- Hisstopher Walken
- Hissy Elliot
- Jake the Snake
- Julius Squeezer
- Monty Python
- Mr. Wiggles
- Optimus Python
- Parhiss Hilton
- Reese Slitherspoon
- Rocky Bal-Boa
- Severus Snake
- Sir Hiss
- Sir Francis Snake
- Sir Pent
- Snake Plissken
- Solid Snake
- Stevie Licks
- Waylon Slithers
- William Snakespeare
Cool Snake Names
Snakes are undeniably cool – and of course that means these cool snake names are perfect for them.
These names are gathered from athletes, musicians, fictional characters and more. These names will really push your snake’s coolness factor over the top. As if a snake wasn’t already cool enough!
Famous Snake Names
These famous snake names come from literature, video games, movies and more.
They might be a perfect fit for your snake and a fun recall to one of these famous snakes.
An added benefit of these snake names is that they’re all pretty unique names which adds to their cool-factor.
- Adder – The Animals of Farthing Woods
- Asmodeus Poisonteeth – Redwall
- Cadmus – Greek Mythology
- Coily – Q*Bert, videogame
- Crawley – Good Omens
- Histup – Banjo-Kazooie, videogame
- Jormungandr – Norse Mythology
- Ju-Ju – The Princess and the Frog
- Kaa – The Jungle Book
- Karai – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Malcho – Aladdin
- Mara – Doctor Who
- Master Viper – Kung Fu Panda
- Murgatroid – The Brave Little Toaster to the Rescue
- Nag – Rikki Tikki Tavi
- Nagaina – Rikki Tikki Tavi
- Nagini – Harry Potter
- Nigel – Vegetable Soup
- Plithiver – Legend of the Guardians
- Rattlesnake Jake – Rango
- Rattly the Rattlesnake – Donkey Kong Country 2, videogame
- Sammy the Snake – Sesame Street
- Sir Hiss – Robin Hood
Did you find an awesome name for your snake?
We hope you found this guide to snake names fun, and hopefully you found at least a few ideas you like.
When naming any pet, it’s always a good idea to write down (or use our site to save) any idea that interests you and then narrow it down from there.
Once you have a list, gradually narrow it down one by one until you find the one that’s right.
Sometimes, though, it’s tough to narrow down the list when you have so many good ideas. In that case, these tips can help you quickly find the right option from your list of snake names.
How Do You Pick The Right Name?
Here’s an important question: how do you know if you’ve picked the right name for your snake?
These tips can help narrow down your search:
- Is it easy to say? Some names are great on paper but tough to pronounce in everyday life. Before you become set on a name, make sure it rolls off the tongue because after all, you’ll be saying it many times once the snake joins your family!
- Does it fit your snake? Check to see if the name matches your snake’s personality and appearance before committing to a name.
- Say it out loud. Can you imagine saying the name out loud? If not, then it’s not the right choice. Move on and select something more appropriate.
- And finally, trust your gut. Ask any new pet owner: when you find the right name, you’ll know it!