Cyberpunk Name Generator
Do you need a great idea for your next game or story? Check out the Cyberpunk name generator below!
Just select the gender of your character and click the generate button as many times as you need until you find the right name. If you see a name you like, you can save it with the star icon to the left.
Click above to generate some names
What Makes a Good Name?
Cyberpunk is a science fiction genre set in an oppressive society dominated by computer technology. The plots often focus on the conflict between artificial intelligence, hackers, and giant companies.
In a dystopian Cyberpunk universe, mega-corporations and technology reign supreme, and life is gritty and dark. The genre is best summarized as “High tech and low life.”
With an environment and mission like this, a Cyberpunk needs an edgy, strong name that reflects their dangerous quest in their world. Because technology is the central theme, the names should also be cool and catchy.
Famous Cyberpunk Characters
After trying out the random Cyberpunk name generator, you can also turn to famous characters for additional inspiration.
The genre has existed since the 1960s, so many great Cyberpunks have appeared in movies, books, and TV shows. Here’s a look at the most popular characters in the genre.
- Neo – Born as Thomas A. Anderson, Neo is a hacker who is the protagonist of The Matrix franchise. His name is an anagram of “one,” a reference to his destiny of being The One who would bring peace against the Machines.
- Morpheus – A central protagonist, Morpheus defends the city of Zion against attacks from the Machines. His belief in the prophecy leads him to search for “The One,” a human who will end the Machine War.
- Trinity – A computer programmer and hacker who has escaped from the Matrix, Trinity is a leader in the fight and has a special relationship with Neo.
- Agent Smith – The main antagonist of the franchise, Agent Smith, is an AI program designed to keep order in The Matrix.
- The Oracle – A clairvoyant program in the Matrix, she helps Neo discover his purpose in ending the machine war.
- Cypher – A member of Morpheus’ crew, Cypher becomes disillusioned with the reality of the natural world and betrays his team.
- Tank – He serves as the operator of Nebuchadnezzar, the crew’s hovercraft.
- Switch – A crew member on the Nebuchadnezzar.
- Apoc – Also a crew member on the Nebuchadnezzar.
- Niobe – A rebel in the war against the Machines, she is the captain and pilot of a Zion hovercraft, the Logos.
- T-800 – The very first terminator sent back in time to stop the resistance from existing in the future.
- John Connor – A leader of the resistance movement.
- Sarah Connor – Mother of resistance leader John Connor.
- Kyle Reese – A resistance soldier sent back in time to protect humanity from a supreme AI and frightening machines.
- Rick Deckard – A blade runner of the LAPD, this main protagonist completes his final assignment and defects from his job with escaped replicant Rachel.
- Roy Batty – The main antagonist and leader of the renegade Nexus-6 replicants.
- Officer K – Agent K hunts down Nexus-8 replicants to “retire” them in the futuristic Blade Runner 2049.
- Kevin Flynn – The legendary game engineer who created Tron.
- CLU – An acronym for Codified Likeness Utility, CLU started as a hacking program by Kevin Flynn.
- MCP – A rogue computer program that stands for Master Control Program and serves as the main antagonist.
- Sark – The overseer of the Game Grid and commander who lives to please the MCP.
More Famous Cyberpunk Characters
- Judge Dredd – Dredd
- Douglas Quaid – Total Recall
- Takeshi Kovacs – Altered Carbon
- Robocop – Robocop
- Adam Jensen – Deus Ex
- Alita – Alita: Battle Angel
- Dr. Daisuke Ido – Alita: Battle Angel
- John Anderton – Minority Report
- Motoko Kusanagi – Ghost in the Shell
- Spider Jerusalem – Transmetropolitan
- Akira – Akira
- Tetsuo Shima – Akira
- Ma-ma – Dredd 2012
- Grey Trace – Upgrade
- Joe – Looper
- Hiro Protagonist – Snow Crash
- Priss Asagiri – Bubblegum Crisis
- Nathan Never – Nathan Never
- Kenshiro “Zero” Cochrane – Ghost Rider 2099
- Ronin – Ronin
- Bob – Reboot
- Lizzy Wizzy – Cyberpunk 2077
- John Preston – Equilibrium
- Terry McGinnis – Batman Beyond
- Batou – Ghost in the Shell
- Shogo Makishima – Psycho-Pass
- Akane Tsunemori – Psycho Pass
- Johnny Mnemonic – Johnny Mnemonic
- Molly Millions – Sprawl Trilogy
- SHODAN – System Shock 2
- Re-L Mayer – Ergo Proxy
- Vincent Law – Ergo Proxy
Tips and Tricks
If you’re working on a project that includes a Cyberpunk character, you will need a great name. That’s where the Cyberpunk name generator comes in.
But how do you select the right one? Here are some tips:
- Ultimately, the ideal name should resonate with the character and fit their appearance, skills, and backstory.
- An excellent place to start is asking yourself: What is their history? Where did they come from, and what motivates them?
- From there, think about their role and technical skills. What do they do? And what skills do they possess?
- Another essential factor to consider is their appearance. For example, what is their gender, what do they look like, how do they dress, and so forth?
Check out these other generators to find some more great names: